Being a world traveler is a hard job. Sometimes we need an extra mid-day boost to keep the adventure going. Join yoga rebel Tara Stiles as she revolutionizes workouts for the jet set. Designed around your room and your busy lifestyle, these in-room workout tips keep you looking amazing, feeling invigorated, and ready for anything while you’re on the road.
- Start on all fours with your arms shoulder distance apart.
- Bring your right knee forward and place it on the floor behind your right wrist with your shin on a diagonal and your right heel pointing toward your left hipbone.
- Make sure your back leg is in a straight yet neutral position with your toes tucked under and your hipbones square toward the front of the mat.
- Stay here for five long, deep breaths.
- If you’re flexible, modify the pose by bending your left knee and hooking it onto your left elbow.
- Clasp your hands above your head, and hold them here for a few breaths. Continue with the opposite side.
- Start in a standing position with your big toes touching and your heels slightly apart.
- Shift your weight to your right foot as you lift your left leg behind you with the knee bent.
- Reach back with your left hand to grab your left foot.
- Extend your arm as you slowly raise your leg behind you.
- Take a few deep breaths here, then try the opposite side.
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart.
- Lift both arms over your head.
- Grab you right wrist with your left hand.
- Take a big breath as you stretch to the right side.
- Hang here for a few breaths and stretch it out, then go with the other side.
- Come to a seated position.
- Slide your left foot under your right leg to the outside of your right hip.
- Lay the outside of the left leg on the floor as you swing the right leg over the left so it’s outside your left hip.
- Inhale as you lift your left arm over your head, then exhale as you cross it over your right thigh.
- Bring your right hand behind you using your fingertips for support.
- Twist to the right side, looking over your right shoulder.
- Take some deep breaths here as you move deeper into the twist.
- Unwind then switch to the other side.